DANCERS, COLOURS AND COSTUMES (50 MINS – 60 MINS)
Observe, Respond and Create:
WATCH AND DISCUSS:
WATCH THE DANCERS:
Questions to discuss:
- How do the lighting and costumes change between each of the clips, telling the story of each season?
- Discuss how the different colours make you feel?
- Do you have a favourite costume? Why is this?
- Did you notice the dancers’ expressions? How do their expressions and dance movements tell the story of the different seasons? i.e. slow movements versus fast ones / jumps as opposed to smooth movements.
- Which clips do you think contrast each other the most in terms of both music and movements?
- Paint an image of one of the dancers from your favourite season, thinking about their costumes and an elegant dance movement.
NEBT would love to receive photos of your artwork to display on our social media. Please photograph and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share a selection on our Instagram and Facebook Page.