CREATE OUR STAGE SET (50 – 60 MINS) Observe, Respond and Create
This project is about how the changing seasons are told through music and dance
The clips you are soon going to see are from a live ballet performance in a theatre to a piece of music called The Four Seasons.
The Four Seasons is a very famous piece of music and you might recognise some of the music you are about to hear.
Firstly, think about the FOUR DISTINCT SEASONS here in the UK.
- What is your favourite season and why? In our environment, what do you notice that changes from season to season? Think about changing:
WATCH THE DANCERS:
- Watch the short clip. What immediately makes you think this clip is about Winter?
- Watch the short clip. What immediately makes you think this is about Spring?
- Watch the short clip. What immediately makes you think this is about Summer?
- Watch the short clip. What immediately makes you think this is about Autumn?
These clips don’t have a set or any scenery! The dancers are on an empty stage. So, we would like you to PAINT one for us:
A tree to sit on the stage in each clip to help the dancers tell the story of each season.
- Please paint one tree in either your favourite season OR four different seasons, thinking a lot about telling the story of the seasons with colours.
Show us how it changes from one season to the next, just as the clips changed from one season to the next.
NEBT Would love to receive photos of your artwork to display our social media. Please photograph and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share a selection on our Instagram and Facebook page.
To see the full 40 minute ballet of The Four Seasons by choreographer Jenna Lee click here: